With the advancement in next-generation molecular technology in generating the high-throughput “omics” data, life science has come to the era of “big data”. To extract biological knowledge from the data and translate it into benefits for society (e.g. better medicine and healthcare), novel and advanced computational tools are needed for data analysis.
The call for papers targets contribution in the field of computational approaches designed to face the challenges aroused by biological systems. It aims at giving an overview of the cutting-edge methods and tools to address biological systems.
CSBio 2019 would like to invite researchers and industrial counterparts to meet at this event to exchange ideas and stimulate research collaborations.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
– Adaptive computation in bioinformatics
– Bio-data visualization
– Bio-inspired computing
– Biological network reconstruction and analysis
– Biomarker discovery
– Disease classification
– DNA, RNA and protein sequence analysis
– Drug discovery and validation
– Formal validation of biological systems
– Functional genomics
– Gene expression analysis
– Medical and biomedical informatics
– Modeling and simulation of biological processes, pathways, etc.
– Molecular evolution and phylogeny
– Next-generation sequencing
– Parallel and distributed computing for life science
– Population genetics
– Proteomics & other omics
– Protein folding
– Translational bioinformatics
Submitted papers should describe original work that does not overlap with papers that have been published or that are simultaneously submitted to a journal, conference, or workshop with refereed proceedings.
Papers should be written in English, formatted according to the ACM SIG style (sigconf template), should not exceed 8 pages and must be submitted via EasyChair system. More information about the formatting of the paper can be found at http://www.acm.org/publications/article-templates/proceedings-template.html/
Papers must be submitted electronically as PDF files via EasyChair. The limit for submissions is 8 pages. References and appendices will not not be counted in the page limit during the initial submission process.
All submissions will be peer-reviewed and all accepted papers must be presented at the conference.
The proceedings will be published electronically through ACM Digital Library.
A list of selected papers will be published in the Journal of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (JBCB).
- Paper submission deadline: July 15th, 2019
- Paper notification: September, 30th 2019
- Camera-ready deadline: October, 20th 2019
- Conference: December, 4th-7th 2019
Conference Program Chairs
- Elisabetta De Maria (Université Côte d’Azur, I3S, France)
- Morgan Magnin (École Centrale de Nantes, LS2N, France)